Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 99 chrysler sebring 2.5 v6 the car wont run it was

Customer Question

I have a 99 chrysler sebring 2.5 v6 the car wont run it was diagnosed with a bad distributor and that was changed 8 times then the crank shaft senor was change and it still wont run. Also an injector pulse test was done that was good the car actually ran for 5 min(like crap) then shut off and will start or run checked the fuel pressure that was good also changed the computer and numerous other sensors and have done a full tune-up and can't figure out where to go next we were thinking of changing the fuel sensor pump next then go to the wiring but do you have any suggestions because as of now were at a dead lost for this car!!!!!!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the compression of the engine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Compression is good can it a module or something
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.

Actually was thinking maybe the timing belt broke or jumped time?

What were the compression readings?

I assume the car is not getting spark?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The car is getting no spark, and there is power going into the distributor but none coming out checked the timing belt and it was good
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
This may be a dumb question......But is the rotor spinning on the distributor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Do you have power to the ignition coil?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
power to the coil power to the distributor when he plugs the on computer to it it goes into the data screen when we look into the auto shut down mode the computer reads off when the motor is tuning the auto shut down turns to on but if the car doesn't have proper fuel pressure will it go into a safe mode and shut the car down
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure....I am going to send this question to another expert as maybe they have seen this before.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks for all your help
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
good luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do I have to repeat all that I have told you or can you just pass it on??
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
No. They can read everything we have said.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I just wait or is there some thing I have to do?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
just wait......please do not reply as each time you do I have to as well
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still waiting....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
I did not receive an answer to my question so i would like a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  nick replied 4 years ago.
Has anyone tried replacing the cam sensor? Or is this part of the distributor? Can you hook a scan tool up to see if they are in-sync?
graphic

Do you have that sensor that is in picture H?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes is they were reset
Expert:  nick replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but I don't understand your comment. Do you have that style cam sensor? and was it replaced?. There is not a reset for this, but if the cam sensor and thr crank sensor are not in-sync then the car will not start.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The cam sensor is in the distributor or part of the distibutor and the crank shaft sensor was replaced . The car has started but it only stays running for a minute or two we just went through the fuel system and have run out of ideas any suggestions?
Expert:  nick replied 4 years ago.

I know we have all gone through this but with all these parts being put on, is there any codes that are coming up? usually if you crank on it long enough there should be a code to pop up at least pending even.

This is really sounding like a sensor or module problem let me go through some more things on my side and I will see what I can come up with, what kind of scan tool are you using? is it an aftermarket scanner or did you take it to the dealer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When the car ran it throw a code for the throttle position sensor and that was changed . The scanner being used is a snap-on scanner and also when it was brought to the dealer they came up with a bad distributor so that was changed
Expert:  nick replied 4 years ago.

well with all of these parts getting replaced I think someone needs to really check the wiring. Make sure they are getting a cam and crank count, also, if they are out of sync the car will not start either.

I have found bad cam wiring on a few of these cars. so that is why I want to make sure that is ok. If Power is not coming out of the distributor there is something wrong there too. anyone check the igniotion switch to make sure that it is putting out proper volts?