Instructor jp
Instructor jp, Technical Instructor Master ASE
Experience:  Manufacturer Chrysler Instructor
15757685

My 2004 Crossfire ignition key will not turn and the stering

Customer Question

My 2004 Crossfire ignition key will not turn and the stering whell is locked also and I have tried everything i also took the bottom dash off
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Instructor jp replied 7 years ago.

HElloCustomer

This means most likely you need to replace the steering lock assembly.

Here is the procedure for a stuck tumbler. If this does not work you will have to replace the above lock assembly.

jp

REMOVAL

300" height="300"/>

NOTE: If the lock cylinder/key is notched or jamming, spray the lock cylinder with lock cylinder grease. If it is not possible to eliminate the complaint, replace the lock cylinder and key.

1. Press out the escutcheon (2) with a suitable tool.

2. Pull the transponder coil (3) off the lock cylinder (2) with a plastic wedge (1).
  3. Push the sleeve onto the cap and turn the lock cylinder to position "1" with the key.

4. Unlock the lock cylinder (1) by turning the cap counter-clockwise through 90° and then remove.
  5. Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you need more help just reply. Please press the accept button so the expert can receive a portion of the fee for his / her advice and guidance if you haven't already done so.

6. Press the locking tabs together and push the ignition lock cable (1) out of ignition/starter switch in the direction of the arrows.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you need more help just reply. Please press the accept button so the expert can receive a portion of the fee for his / her advice and guidance if you haven't already done so.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if the key will not turn you can remove the lock without damaging correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
lock cylinder - if key will not turn to position 1 can you still remove lock cylinder without damage to anything