Richard, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

PT cruiser: slipping..transmission fluid..the radiator where hoses

I have a PT cruiser 2005. I had a company replace the radiator and now the transmission has begun slipping and there is transmission fluid in my drive way. It looks like there are 2 places along the bottom of the radiator where hoses should connect but there are no loose hoses to be found. Can you give me a scematic or a drawing as to where those 2 hoses should connect?
Hi there! In the front of your transmission there should be 2 ports with hoses attached to them. You can see them by opening the hood and look down at the transmission. You will see a couple of hoses. They might of tucked them up when they replaced the rad. When you find the hoses you can hook them either way it doesn't matter unless one is longer than it will have to go to the cooler port that is further away. Here is a couple pictures. The one that shows the transmission # XXXXX points to where the hoses hook up, so just follow them and tou will find them. I hope this helps, thanks!graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So you are saying that the top image of the radiator has 21 hoses. From diagram 1 , what are the numbers for the hoses that we are looking for?
From the top picture #5 are the transmission cooler hoses. On the bottom picture #2 points to where the hoses hook to the transmission.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So what numbers on the second picture are the points of attachment?
#2! it actually points to the wire connector but that is where the cooler hoses should hook up.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so the connections on the transmission is #2 and #3?
NO! It is beside the # XXXXX arrow. The arrows do not point to the cooler lines they point to the electrical connectors. If you look at the # XXXXX arrow there are a couple of ports sticking out of the transmission case beside it.