Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  6 years expirence with GM and Chrysler
19260407

I have a chrysler town and country van with navigation system.

Customer Question

I have a chrysler town and country van with navigation system. How do I calibrate the soft screen?

Thanks Customer
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
What year is you Town and country?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is a 2008 limited edition.

the soft screen is not calibrated/aligned. for example, I push a selection and the selection to the far right or left is selected instead of where i touched the screen. the navigation system appears to work ok. it is just that the touch screen needs to be aligned.

thanks

Customer/p>
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
I am looking into it, its just a matter of finding it ill let you know as soon as i fond it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
great!
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
There should be an option to recalibrate your screen under the system set up menu, Try pressing the Hard menu button on the radio, then you should see an option for system set up, then under system set up there should be somewhere in there an option to calibrate the screen
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tried that, there are set up options, but nothing for alignment of the soft screen.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
The only other thing that I am finding is that there is a recall for a software update thay may fix it. I can either check it to see if you have a recall open on your vehicle by getting the 8 digits of your vin number (im a employee for chrysler) or you can call you dealer and they can look up to see if you have that recall open.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks tht makes sense since I have checked every where for a calibration or alignment setting. I even had my husband pull the fuse to reset the system. Still the soft touch screen alignment is off. I worked yesterday. Vin # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
It shoes that you have had the software update already done, But i do see a recall on your keys, the recall replaces the 2 keys you have now. What is the milage on you van, i am still not finding a recalibration anywhere, it may be a repair that is covered under your warrenty
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are 53900 miles on the van and I bought it used. I do not think there is a warranty.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
no you are out of your 3/36. If you dont mind waiting untill tomarrow i would like to check in our manuals at work to see if i can find it, there has to be a recalibration sequence on there somewhere.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much for your effort. I appreciate your time.

I hope it is in the manual. There has to be some type of way to calibrate or align the screen. I will look for your reply tomorrow.

Customer/p>
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
I should replay to you by the morning or tomarrow afternoon talk to you then
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great!!
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
No prob
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
OK, you need to hold the NAV,Seek Up,and Radio/media button all down at the same time, then it should come up with the screen to calibrate the screen, it will ask you to touch the screen on a couple of X,s. Let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the car running does it have to be in any special screen before I push the three buttons togeter? I tried pushing all three down at the same time but it just seeks a different radio station. No screen appears to calibrate. No x app while the map was displayed on the screen. nothing

I was really hoping this would work

Customer
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Did you hold down all 3 buttons. I think they need to all be held down for at least 3 secs
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes held them down all at once and for several seconds. the nav button, the seek up button and the radio menu button. I had the navigation map up and then tried all different screens and held all three buttons down.

The navigation system works, it is just that when I select a button, the button about 1 1/2 inches to the left of the selected button is activated.

I guess, I will have to take it to a dealership, unless you can think of something else.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate your efforts

Customer
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
is there a media or radio media button?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
And im looking more into it now, Just found the manual for the mygig radio If i find the recalibration steps in it ill link you the link for the manual download
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
There is a three letter code on the front of your radio it is something like REN or RER if it REN you need to press Audio button intead if the nav buttom, so its the audio seek up and radio/media button
Chris, Technician
Experience: 6 years expirence with GM and Chrysler
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will try right now, hope this works I think i have the rer

The serial # XXXXX XXXXX

Be right back

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is the rer, so did not work. thanks again for your help. have a good evening

Customer/p>
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry i could not get it to work for you. That is all the procedures I could find to get the recalibration screen to work. Again sorry for not being able to help, I will see if there is a way to rpovide you with a refund.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No i do not want a refund. you took the time to advise and that is worth something to me. Have a great eveing.

Customer/p>
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much