Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

trouble codes P2074, P0068, P0129. the cost for repair and

trouble codes P2074, P0068, P0129. the cost for repair and repair difficulty for a non certified tech that works for a mechanic with $15,000 worth of tools.

Considering a failed map sensor can cause all of these codes that is the most likely problem or wiring on map sensor circuit. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

Year RangeMfg. Part No.Price (MSRP)
MAP SENSOR
Pacifica
3.5L 2004 - 20064896002AD106.00

graphic

P2074 Manifold Pressure/Throttle Position Correlation - High Flow/Vacuum Leak - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Check for a vacuum leak in the engine or a vacuum operated component
  • Check for high resistance in the 5-volt reference circuits
  • Check for high resistance in the sensor ground circuits
  • Check for high resistance in the MAP or TP sensor signal circuit
  • Check for high resistance in the MAP or TP sensor low reference circuit
  • MAP sensor has failed
  • TP sensor has failed
  • PCM has failed

P0068 MAP/TP Sensor Correction - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Check for air leaks in the Air Intake system
  • MAP sensor ground, signal or reference voltage circuit has high resistance
  • MAP sensor has failed
  • TP sensor ground, signal or reference voltage circuit has high resistance
  • TP sensor has failed
  • PCM has failed

P0129 Barometric Pressure Out-Of-Range Low - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • MAP sensor connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
  • MAP sensor signal circuit is open or shorted to ground
  • MAP sensor reference (5v) circuit is open, shorted to ground or to voltage
  • MAP sensor has failed
  • PCM has failed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Dan for your reply. However, The illustration that you send me is a little bit different from what I saw under the hood. I've attached a snapshot of the engine, maybe you could show me where it is.graphicgraphic

The parts that you mentioned, where can I get them?

Thank you

Here is another set of instructions and more pictures. if you print out these pictures and bring them to vehicle with you, you should have no problems. Let me know if I can do anything else. Thanks

REMOVAL

1. Remove the negative battery cable.

graphic

• Disconnect the electrical connector from the MAP sensor.
  • Remove bolt from sensor.
  •  

graphic

1. The sensor mounts onto intake manifold plenum. Tighten screws to 4.5 N.m (40 in. lbs.) torque.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Where can I get the map sensor parts? I'll do it tomorrow morning. I'll send you an update once I check it again. It's late and raining now.
    Sounds good, you should be able to get this from any of your local parts stores, let me know how it goes. If you have a voltmeter I can have you do a couple tests to make sure the circuit is not the problem. Let me know, Thanks
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    No voltmeter but I can buy a cheap one just to do the test. Thanks for your help Dan. Goodnight buddy and I'll update you tomorrrow.
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    I'm getting the voltmeter now. Kindly give me the process on how to test circuitry. Thanks.

Here is a wire diagram, check the pink/yellow wire going to the map sensor, tp sensor, ac pressure sensor, cam sensor, crank sensor, and egr position sensor for 5 volts with key on. You should be able to just check it at the map sensor to verify it is good. Also check the dark blue/dark green wires for good ground. If everything looks ok, it is time to replace the map sensor. Thanks

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    What is this? Where can i find this in the car?

There are pictures above of map sensor location. You can test the 5V reference wire and ground wire at the map sensor. If you have 5V on the pink/yellow wire and good ground on the dark blue/dark green wire then replace the map sensor. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks

graphicgraphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    I think i got it. I will try to get the map sensor right away. You think autozone has the parts?
    Ya, you should be able to get the map sensor from any autoparts store, but not 100% sure. If worse comes to worse you will need to go to the dealership. Let me know how it works. Thanks
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Hi Dan,

I am waiting for the parts to come in. I am hopeful that that would fix the problem. I am quite satisfied on your responses so far. The parts would probably be here next week. As soon as I verified that it is working, I will accept.

Thank you very much for your patient.

-Rey
    Sounds good, I am not giving you a 100% guarantee this is the problem but I believe this is the most likely causing the problem and is the same part a shop would start to replace. If this does not fix your problem you will need to do a resistance test 5v referene wires to see if there is wiring problem, if so you will need to clean/replace wiring as necessary. If you have no resistance and map sensor does not fix problem you would need to brinv vehicle to shop with high end scan tool so they can monitor exact sensor values. I hope the map sensor fixes your problem, let me know. Thanks
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Thanks Dan. The part finally came. I replaced it and it worked just like nothing happened to it.