Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1999 Chrysler LHS idles rough only at high rpm (approx. 4000 rpm)

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi my name is john.

the stalling can be from either the EGR valve sticking or the air idle control motor on the throttle body acting up.

Have you cleaned the throttle body?

Have you look at the spark plug/

Have you look in the spark plug tube for oil or water?

Look at the side of the plug in coil for gray spots.

Let me know what you think.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
To explain better when in neutral and reved to 4000 rpm it cuts out but does not stall every time. The original problem started yesterday - when car reached 50 to 55 mph while driving the engine stalled completely. Car has done this at least 3 or 4 times. Now I cannot get it to do that again but now as I stated above when revving to 4000 rpm it cuts out every time but does not stall.   
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
In neutral that is normal,it should not rev up over that the in park or neutral.

does it do this in drive?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John    The car does stall out in drive at around 2000 or so rpm 50 to 55 mph This happened as I stated before approx. 4 times.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
I don't know,so i will reopen the question for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. So do I wait again for an answer? Of course this is no problem just checking. I just was told by my wife that twice in the past month the car did a miss or something not sure of what word to use at 50 mph when she was on the freeway. I checked spark plugs they do not look bad. Any suggestions appreciated. No oil or water in spark plug tube. No gray spots.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
That about all there is.

It sound like you drive the car on the highway so that good,it good to take the RPM over 4000 ever once in awhile to rotate the valves.