cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

CAR DIED DRIVING HOME, ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND OIL LIGHT

CAR DIED DRIVING HOME, ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND OIL LIGHT IMMEDIATELY AFTER. THE CAR WILL NOT START. I CHECKED ALL THE FLUIDS, OK! IT ACTS LIKE IT'S NOT GETTING GAS. I'M THINKING IT'S THE FULE FILTER, PUMP OR TRASH IN THE LINE. IT WANTS TO START, BUT JUST AIN'T GETTING GAS. I'M HAVING THE PRESSURE IN THE LINE CHECKED ON MONDAY. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IT'S A 2002 PT CRUISER.

GLYNDA
O does sound like the fuel pump or fuel pump relay shorted out but to be sure its fuel related the best thing is to have a fuel pressure reading done and also to see if you lost spark like possibly a bad crank sensor could cause this also the reason I say that is the check engie light cam on then the car died if it was the fuel pump the check engine light usually dosent come on ,also if you can get the car scanned to see the code it will pinpoin this problem
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the check engine light came on after it died, not before
Ok thats good it stored a fault coe for the car stalling