brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

My 1999 300M blows cold air but no heat

My 1999 300M blows cold air but no heat
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Does the vehicle have the automatic temperature control system in it?

What does the temperature gauge read?

Thanks,

JB

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It does have the automatic temperature control system in it.

The car is getting up to temperature and there is no shortage of coolant.

No matter how high we set the temperature, it blows cold air like the ac is on. Even on a two hour trip.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

The problem is the blend air door inside the heater and a/c box. It is not moving. You need to see if the motor is moving when the switch is changed from heat to a/c. You can remove the motor then turn the switch to see if it moves. If it moves the door is broken inside the housing if it doesn't move then the motor is bad or not getting power from the control head ( so test for voltage if it doesn't move). If there is voltage then replace the motor, if no replace the control head.

If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB

Door Actuator Locations

The temperature door actuator is located at the bottom of the heater housing at the center tunnel.

REMOVAL

Negative Battery Cable Remote Terminal

1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
  2. Remove left and right underpanel silencer/ducts.Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/ Instrument Panel/ Service and Repair. See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators\Instrument Cluster / Carrier\Service and Repair
  3. Remove two screws from actuator which are accessible from the right side of center stack.
  4. Remove one screw from actuator on left side.
  5. Pull actuator straight down from shaft and disconnect electrical connection. Upon removal, note the shaft position of the actuator, because the shaft on this motor is keyed. when installing new actuator, its shaft must be positioned in the same location. INSTALLATION
    • For installation, reverse the above procedures

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the temperature door activator on the driver's side or passenger side?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Driver side toward the center of the dash
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one last question for you, does the instrument cluster have to be removed to access the actuator or can i get to it without doing so, Thanks
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
You get to it from under the dash. It will be down by the accelerator pedal area.
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,