Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training

how to take off shifter knob on 2007 chrysler 300

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 7 years ago.

Good evening, the way to remove the shifter knob is to unscrew it by turning it counter clock wise. The shifter shaft is treaded, this is the reason why it unthreads. So grasp it firmly and turn

If this answers your question then please press "ACCEPT "so that I may be paid for the time spent helping you. If you need more help then please let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that did not work
Expert:  Vipertech replied 7 years ago.

Here is a link showing it being threaded:

Here is a link as well to a forum discussing this:

A good 95% of the vehicles have the screwed in shifter rare cases, it pulls off once the lower plastic trim ring is released from the shifter knob as descirbed in the last forum link. Odds are that it is the screw on will be tight to turn.

Expert:  Vipertech replied 7 years ago.
There was a model year change so please excuse the two methods....Chrysler couldnt leave good enough alone so you may need to try both methods. The best that I can tell.....starting in 2007 they started working in the style with the plastic ring on the bottom that needs to be dropped down and then the handle pulled upward.