marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18yrs exp/ licensed adjuster

2007 Sebring is stuck in park

Customer Question

2007 Sebring is stuck in park
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to just answer. There is a little cover next to the shifter. Take the cover off and use a small flat head or something like that push down and you can get it out of park. If you accept this please hit the green tab, Bonuses are always welcomed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. If it is the little plastic piece that the shifter goes thru I don't see a way of getting it out and I don't want to break it.
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
It is the size of your pinky. Take the cover off with a little flat screw driver. Its acutally next to shifter
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry I'm just not getting it. The only thing I can get off is the trim ring. I don't have the center console apart or anything. I went to go to work this morning and it wouldn't come out of park. Where would be the best place to have it towed to be fixed ?
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Well its in the center console it is just a tiny cap that you take off you can bearly see it but if you take the cap off and put a lollipop stick in there and push down it will release the shifter. You can also try moving the steering wheel and jiggling it and make sure the brake is pressed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanx I have a tow truck coming
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Excaliber watch him he should know where to go to get it out of park