John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
9510839

Is the torque converter sensor part of the transmission

Is the torque converter sensor part of the transmission and would a bad torque converter sensor cause the transmission to go bad.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

What year,model and engine do you have?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1996 dodge avenger ES
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

If you have a 41te transmission the solenoid pack is bolted on the side of the transmission.

When it act up it can cause the transmission not to work at all.

Do you know what code you have in the TCM?

Which engine do you have?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what the code is. I recently had my transmission replaced and two months later it went bad again but i have a warranty for the job, however the repair shop is now saying that the reason the replaced transmission went bad is bacause of a bad torque converter sensor. He says that the torque converter sensor is not part of the transmission but is part of the engine. Now he wants to charge me to replaced the torque converter sensor. He says that he has fix the transmission but it will go bad again if the torque converter sensor is not replaced. I have a six cylinder
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The torque converter sensor is part of the solenoid pack that is bolted to the side if the transmission.There is know torque converter sensor on the engine.

I would go some where else to have my transmission work on.

Here a picture of where the solenoid pack is on the transmission ( this include the torque converter solenoid in side of it)

graphic

Ask them for the code they are using to come to this answer.

Let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
John the picture you provided is that for a 2.5 V6 engine
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
You said that you had a 6 cylinder car right?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Yes that is for a 2.5L engine ,with a 41te transmission in it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes its a 6 cylinder. John, now the repair guy says that the Throttle positioning sensor is what is causing the torque converter and transmission to fail. Is this possisble
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The TPS can cause it to shift funny some times,but I would test for the code first before replacing it.Does the car idle go up and down?

Will the car rpm go up and down while driving down the road say at 50 mph,200-3--rpm?

As him for the code number he is using to come to the answer.

I can see what need to be done for you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
John I haven't been paying much attention to my rpm but when the transmission went bad the second time around, I would be going 60mph and the rpm would be at 5 and the engine would rev real high. What do you think about that? I have to go but I do appreciate your help, Thanks!
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

If i have help you,please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer

John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience: 43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.