Donny
Donny, Mechanic
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified A1-A8,L1,X1,T1,T2 Over 25 years Experience with Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep
8425921

99 chrysler 300M: my blinkers or my hazard lights..bulbs..fuses

Customer Question

On my 99 chrysler 300M my blinkers or my hazard lights do not work. I have changed all the bulbs and checked all the fuses. How can I fix my blinkers?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Donny replied 7 years ago.

Hello

From what you have posted I would say that your combo flasher has most likely failed and needs to be replaced

The combination flasher is a smart relay that functions as both the turn signal system and the hazard warning system flasher. The combination flasher contains active electronic Integrated Circuitry (IC) elements. This flasher is designed to handle the current flow requirements of the factory-installed lighting. If supplemental lighting is added to the turn signal lamp circuits, such as when towing a trailer with lights, the combination flasher will automatically try to compensate to keep the flash rate the same.

The combination flasher has nine blade-type terminals that connect it to the vehicle electrical system.

Because of the active electronic elements within the combination flasher, it cannot be tested with conventional automotive electrical test equipment.

The combination flasher cannot be repaired or adjusted and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced.

The combo-flasher is mounted to the in-line bracket which is located to the right of the Junction Block (the fuse box) The flasher can be removed by pulling in an rearward direction. The left under panel silencer duct must be removed to access the flasher. The combo-flasher is black in color for ease of identification.

I hope that this helps you

Thank you

Donny