moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp
13195827

My electronic throttle control light comes on intermittently

My electronic throttle control light comes on intermittently while driving. What is the function of the electronic throttle control? The light does not flash. What should I do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
Can you give me the model and year? and the eng size? I het the answer button by mistake if you will give me this info i will help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring Minivan
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
You may have to take it to the dealer to have it recalibrated. Does the check eng light come on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
This most likely is just a calibration problem.you will have to have a dealer use there scan tool to recalibrate this system.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my education as I also asked what is the function of the Electronic Throttle Control.
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
You do not have a cable that goes to the throttle body. it is all done remotely and this light will come on when it sees a problem with the system.