Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training

2002 Chrysler: I need to change the headlight bulbs..headlamp

I need to change the headlight bulbs on my 2002 Chrysler 300M. It appears that I'll have to remove the headlamp unit, bu I'm unsure wha the entire procedure is. Help, please!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 7 years ago.

Good afternoon, here is the info you requested:

NOTE: Headlamp lens fogging is a normal condition and does not require service unless excessive or continual. Moisture will vent from tubes or vents located on the back of the lamp.

1. Remove headlamp unit:
    1. Release hood latch and open hood.
    2. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative remote cable.
    3. Remove the one bolt retaining the washer bottle filler neck and move aside.
    4. Remove the two bolts retaining the speed control servo and move aside.
    5. Remove fasteners to upper radiator crossmember:
      • Two jack screws on each side.
      • Three crossmember retaining bolts on each side.
      • Three push pin fasteners across top of grille.
      • Gently pry back grille and remove the two bolts to front crossmember. This will allow you to move the crossmember forward, pivoting at the radiator grille, to access the headlamp unit.

NOTE: Once the crossmember is loose, take care not to scratch the fenders.

6. Maneuver the headlamp unit to remove from behind fascia. Gentle prying of fascia may be needed to clear it enough to remove the headlamp unit.
    7. Disconnect the lamp connectors and transfer lamps if replacing unit.
  1. Rotate retaining ring (High beam or Low beam) and pull lamp socket from headlamp housing

CAUTION: Do not touch the glass of halogen bulbs with fingers or other possibly oily surface, reduced bulb life will result.

2. Remove bulb from lamp wiring connector.

So to summarize, you do have to remove the headlamp units and inorder to do that the upper radiator support has to be removed or moved out of the way and the front fascia (bumper cover) needs to be flexed outward.

If this answers your question then please press ACCEPT so that I may be paid for the time spent helping you. If you need more help then please let me know. Thanks