sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2002 chrysler 300m: heated seats..driverside is not working..push

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chrysler 300m anyway the heated seats for the driverside is not working. lights green and when you push it a little ortange light should come on but the orange lights not coming on
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you have a test light or voltmeter we could do some testing with?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes im going to test it all tonight, but the seat and switch has power so im thinking a wire came loose
Ok. The first thing you'll want to do is check the fuse in the box in the dash. If its ok, pop the switch out. Check for black wire for ground, and the dark blue/white for 12v with the key on. If these are ok, check the resistances of the switch. There should be continuity between pin 4 and pin 6 in the switch connector. Unplug the switch and check on the switch itself. Pin 4 has the cark blue/white wire, pin 6 is the tan/dark green wire. With the switch off you should have 2200 ohms, with it on low you shoudl have 414 ohms, and on high you should have 33 ohms. If these resistances are wrong, replace the switch. If they are ok we'll go to testing the elements and the module.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what do i turn my tester to, i have dcv,acv, dca
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so i took the switch from the passenger side (which works) plugged it in the driver side seat and it didnt work. i havent got to check fuses yet but the switch lights up green just wont light up red... would each seat be on a different fuse>?
You need to first set your tester on volts DC, check for power on the dark blue/white wire for power. If its ok let me know, I'll get back to you with more tests later this afternoon. I'm tied up at work right now.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i tested wires seemed ok, but now my motor wo nt start, it ran for 3 seconds stalled 3 more then stalled 3 more then stalled now it wont even crank
Is this the same key you always use? Is the red security light on the dash flashing? Try your other key if it is. While testing did you short anything together and see any sparks? I'm wondering if you may have blown a fuse for the sentry key module somehow.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tryed both keys, didnt see alarm light flashing on dash. checked fuses. luckily i just bought it so the dealership came and picked it up

Great, let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
once i get it back we will get back to the seats but ill still pay you for your help
Sounds great, just let me know when you're ready to go again.