David Dill
David Dill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years as Technician, 14 years with Chrysler Group LLC
14774302

My 2005 Town & Country is displaying the Perform Service light.

My 2005 Town & Country is displaying the Perform Service light. Does this mean change the oil? This has been on for a couple of days, the oil has been changed. Yesterday the light that looks like an engine also came on. Is this light in conjunction with the Perform Service light?
Yes this is for the oil change and should have been reset when the oil was changed. If you look at the overhead console you should see a button that is labelled menu. Press this and cycle through it until you come to the oil mileage message. It should be at 3000 miles. The next menu should say reset mileage? Hit the reset button and that will shut off the lamp. The Check Engine Light (CEL) is a whole different matter and the PCM has detected a problem and let you know about it by turning on the light. If you can get to a AutoZone they will scan the code for you and then you can let me know what it is and then we can proceed there.