TimO
TimO, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  7 years tech
14826286

I had to replace my front sub frame in a 2004 chrysler pacifica.

I had to replace my front sub frame in a 2004 chrysler pacifica. Is there any recalls on this issue or do you think chrysler will do anything for me. Milage on car is 96000.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  TimO replied 8 years ago.
There has been no recall for the subframe on the sebring. At 96000m I dont thing chrysler will do anything. It would depend on why you needed to replaced it. Sometimes they might help for something like that. I would recommend going to the nearest dealership and asking for help they can call there rep and ask for help. I dont think they will help but it is worth it to ask. You can also call 1-800-992-1997. This is chrysler customer service number. If you call them you will need to be patientand explain the concern to them. I hope I have helped.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have a sebring. As I stated I have a Pacifia.
Expert:  TimO replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry, No there hasn't been any recall on any subframes on the pacifica either. Why did it need replaced?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The frame had a great deal of corrosion and was becoming dangerous. There were holes in it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not sure if you got my answer to your question. I went in for an oil change and when they put up on the lift I noticed a great deal of corrosion on teh sub frame. I understood this to be dangerous and tehy stated it had to be replaced. The subframe had reached teh point where there were loles in it and it was follonh apart.
Expert:  TimO replied 8 years ago.

You will need to take pictures of the frame and make copies of you bills for the frame replacement. Your dealer should email the pictures to there rep and then he can decide what he feels is fair. I would also call the customer service number and get the ball rolling there. That would be the best way to get help, if chrysler will I am not sure.