Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

how do I disconnect electrical connector

Customer Question

how do I disconnect electrical connector?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi my name is john

Which electrialconnector on what year,model,andengine do you have?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi John, I am trying to directly interface my Sirius satelite radio to my car stereo. I have a 2004 Ch this connector. rysler Pacifica. There is not a Auxilliary In Port on the face of my factory installed audio system. I want to see if there is a Aux In Port onthe rear of the stereo head. I have removed the center panel surrounding the gear shift lever. Now I need to disconnect the wiring connector so that I can put this panel aside and continue removing panels to get to the stereo head. I don't know how to disconnect this connector. My VIN is:2C8GF68424R291893
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

What is the connector hook to?

Is there a red tab on it?

Is the connector hook to something on the back of the center bezel?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

If there is a red tab to pull it out first and than push the release in to pull the connector off.

If there know red tab there should be a plastic lock that you push in to release.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's hooked to the under side of the panel that surrounds the gear shift lever. It does not have a red tab . There are two wires going in to it and two wires comming out.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

There has to be a little plastic clip that you either push in or pull out.

Sorry,but some one cut the DSL line on the highway.

I had these radio out and I don't remenbering see any jack at all only wiring connector