John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.

2006 Chrysler Town & Country: Both sets of keys are locked inside

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. Both sets of keys are locked inside. Help,I can't get into the car. Using the old coat hanger doesn't work because the closure is so tight.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.

Hello vanlvermr, The way that most roadservice companies do it is to wedge the door frame. The use a plastic wedge, then they insert and air bladder, that they pump up and it forces the door a little away from the body. Then they install a long rod that they touch the power unlock button. This is how AAA would do it. I locked my keys in my car, while I was at home depot. I bought a tapered piece of molding to use as a wedge and a long down that I inserted to push the button. You could improvise with something like that unless you just want to call AAA. Once you have a gap, you can use something long and attach something to give you whatever angle you need. Just make sure it can't scratch the interior when you are trying to find the button. I hope this helps. With the right equipment it's very easy, but you can improvise, just be carefull not to damage the paint on the outside of the van.

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As I said before I have just been taken for $15.00. I wonder what your $9.00 tight budget answer woud have been. I do not want to pay for information I already knew. "Just call AAA."

Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.
I am not telling you to just call AAA, I am telling you how to go about doing what they do. That is your only way to do so, I was merely stating that AAA is an option. I told you how I have gotten in without any tools, so I shared that way with you. I don't know how you would like to get in any other way.
Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.
I am going to allow other experts to help you, maybe they have another suggestion.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is john.

You can either go to the dealer and have them a valet key to open the door or at a key shop.

You can buy a slim-jim set from a auto parts store and stick the wedge into the side of the glass and the door to push the glass away from the outside of the door and slide a slim jim in at a 45 degree angle toward the latch at the back of the door and try an hook a linkage rod to release the door lock.

Hope this help you