John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
9510839

2004 Chrysler sebring: 2.4L..I have OBD11 code P0073..malfunction

I have 2004 Chrysler sebring with 2.4L, DOHC. I have OBD11 code P0073, which meant ambient air temperature sensor circut malfunction. I can not locate this sensor, I found two wires near the passenger side of bumper and they have no connector etc
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is John.

Here a couple of picture that might help you find it on the bumper beam.

graphic

graphic

Let me know if you need more.

Please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I see the broken old sensor and harness is broken too, with two wires one green/purple and other black/blue are these the wires I should connect to to new sensor ?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Yes that is the two wires.

graphic

Violet/light green wire go to pin 1

graphic

Black/light blue wire goes to pin2

graphic

let me know if you need more

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Which is pin 1 and pin 2 on sensor
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

When you look into the connector opening of the sensor there one long pin and one short pin right?

Look at the top of the connector where the lock clip is,If you were going to push the connector on to the sensor and you have the sensor in your right hand with the lock clip up,pin one would be the closes to you.( if there is a long wider pin it number one)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the sensor I have, both pins are of same size. could you tell me this way. The sensor has a mounting bracket and both pins are parallel to the bracket, one pin is closer and other pin is farther, so this way which one would be pin #1 and which would be pin 2

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

When the sensor is mounted,the outside pin is number one like the first picture i sent you.Pin 1 would be towards the front of the car and pin2 would be towards the engine

John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience: 43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, i installed the sensor, connected battery terminal, but tried to erase check engine light and it still stays on with code P0073
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Does your PCM have two or four connector on it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Computer has 4 connectors
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Did you try switching the wire in case there wrong?

Here how to test for this code(note this code is for an open circuir)

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

You can use a volt/ohm meter instead of a DRB3 by back probing the connectors

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance and issue is resolved
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks again and have a great weekend
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
You to and thank for the positive feedback