Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

EVAP Emission Control System Purge Flow Fault

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
What year and model of chrysler is this? Also if you can provide the code number it would be helpful
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This code will not reset from my code reader either..
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
It'd really help to know what type of vehicle you have, It's likely a leaking evap line to the purge solenoid or a bad purge solenoid, that's all the help I can give you without knowing what year and model the vehicle is.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2002 chrysler concord LX V6 2.7lit. 10500.thousand miles
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
P0441 for my OBD II code reader..
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
The code means that the vehicle is unable to draw enough vacuum to close the natural vacuum leak detection switch in the vapor canistyer.

Here's where I'd start:

Your purge solenoid is located on the right frame rail near the radiator fan, with the vechicle running you should be able to feel it clicking, if it is inspect the hoses coming off of that, up to the intake manifold and down to the vapor canister for cracking and leaks, you'll likely find one of the rubber hoses along the way is cracked and leaking vacuum, causing the natural vecuum leak detection switch to not close.

If the solenoid is working and you cannot find any cracked hoses you'll likely have a cracked vacuum canister or a faulty nvld assembly, before replacing either of those I'd suggest professional diagnosis.

If you have any further questions let me know, If you're happy with the answer I've provided please click accept
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will the code clear out once the problem is fix or do I have to dissconect the battery for the computer reset...
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
It'd be best if you cleared the code with your code reader, though disconnecting the battery should work.

Also, I'm sure you've already checked, but make sure the gas cap is tightly closed and the seal isn't torn.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the vapor canister locate...
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
near the fuel tank
Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience