bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert

the standard tune up parts: coil, sparkplug wires, rotor and cap

I have a 93 Plymouth acclaim with a 4 cylinder engine. I have stable spark on cylinder 2 and 4 and intermittant spark on cylinder 1 and 3. I replaced all the standard tune up parts: coil, sparkplug wires, rotor and cap. This did not change the situation. Looking for next steps.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 7 years ago.

good evening i'm bill

the distributor cap used on the four cylinder 2.2 and 2.5 liter engine in your acclaim requires you to push the igntion wires thru the cap fully as they are the terminals instead of a traditional cap which uses brass terminals moulded into the cap, thus first and formost make sure all the ignition wires are fully seated and protruding thru the inside of the cap they should be visible about 1/4 inch inside the cap, second there isn't anything else except the distributor and pick up coil left for you to change i have seen the plastic "reluctor" get loose inside the distributor and cause many strange problems and a faulty pick up coil can do strange things also, the engine control systems in your car is so simple that it isn't more than a fancy carburator it dosent get complicated till the distributor dissapears