brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2001 PT cruiser: wont start..the lights turn on..the radio too

My 2001 PT cruiser won't start. The battery seems to be fine, the lights turn on..the radio too...but when i go to start it all it does is make a clicking sound. When I got the codes from my odometer reading it read, P 1684 which means "the battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts" what does this mean? what should I do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

If the battery has not been disconnected it means the battery is so weak it thinks it was disconnected. The battery probable needs replaced. Try to start car with jumper cables or battery charger. If it starts then replace the battery.