Donny
Donny, Mechanic
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified A1-A8,L1,X1,T1,T2 Over 25 years Experience with Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep

How to remove headlight assembly on 2000 chrysler sebring

Customer Question

how to remove headlight assembly on 2000 chrysler sebring
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Donny replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Is this a two door or four door model? also is it a convertible if it is a two door?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is a two-door convertible. I followed the directions in my owner's manual. However, the assembly will not slide out. I do not want to force it too much and break the clips.

The headlight assembly that I am trying to remove is on the driver's side. Any tips you may be able to give me would be most appreciative.

Expert:  Donny replied 5 years ago.

Hello

The module has a locater pin on the fender side where the module goes up against the fender, once the two bolts are out you will need to pull forward to get the pin to pop out of the fender and then work the head lamp module out, sometimes you will need to push down on the bumper cover to allow the module to come out,

To Remove

1. Release hood latch and open hood.
  2. Remove screws attaching headlamp module to radiator closure panel and headlamp adapter
  3. Remove headlamp module from radiator closure panel
  4. Disconnect wire connector from headlamp bulb socket.
  5. Rotate park/turn signal lamp socket one quarter turn counterclockwise.
  6. Pull park/turn signal socket from headlamp module.
  7. Remove headlamp module from vehicle

To Reinstall

1. Position headlamp module to vehicle.
  2. Push park/turn signal socket into headlamp module.
  3. Rotate park/turn signal lamp socket one quarter turn clockwise.
  4. Connect wire connector to headlamp bulb socket.
  5. Position headlamp module to radiator closure panel.
  6. Install screws attaching headlamp module to radiator closure panel.
  7. Verify proper headlamp alignment

I hope that this helps you

If you need more help or information just let me know

Thank you

Donny

1 - MODULE SCREWS
2 - HEADLAMP MODULE

1 - HEADLAMP MODULE
2 - FRONT BUMPER FASCIA
3 - RADIATOR CLOSURE PANEL
Donny, Mechanic
Experience: A.S.E. Certified A1-A8,L1,X1,T1,T2 Over 25 years Experience with Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help. Your answer gave me the confidence to work it out a bit. The bottom area of the assembly was hanging up on the inside lip of the bumper. It worked! I was able to remove the assembly and replace the bulb. Thanks again.
Expert:  Donny replied 5 years ago.

Hello

You are very welcome

I am glad to hear that you where able to do it

Donny