sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Why, if you plug the weep hole for the water pump does the

Customer Question

Why, if you plug the weep hole for the water pump does the water come out the back of the block? 99 Chrysler Concorde, 2.7.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

1999 Chrysler Concorde 2.7

Already Tried:
Changed the water pump. Plugged one weep hole.
Expert:  Chrysler Tech replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer

Because there is a leak in the back somewhere. If the water pump is leaking out of the weep hole then it needs to be replaced.
When the hole isn't plugged then the water will leak there but when it is plugged it will leak out of the other leak.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did replace the water pump with a new one. It still leaks out of the external weep hole that is behind the alternator. I plugged that weep hole and it started leaking out of the back of the block. Is there another weep hole?
Not that I know of. I'm going to let another expert try to help you as I have not run into this problem on this car.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the answer was not acceptable and they did not help. Please ask new tec. Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.
Hi. Are you positive that its still coming out of the weep hole, not the thermostat housing? did you use a new pump, if so where did you get it? Did you inspect the mounting surface of the block for any pits or cracks?