Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My 91 Vette does not blow cold air. The battery was removed

Customer Question

My 91 Vette does not blow cold air. The battery was removed form the vehicle over the winter, all systems appear to be working with the exemption it blows hot air. This happened several years ago, at that time I was told to remove one the fuses for 30 seconds. once it was put back in the air worked great. I do not remember the fuse number. any suggestions? Thanks, ***** ***** Mi.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: yes all good
JA: What is the model of your '91 Chevy?
Customer: Base convertable
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes on both, compressor runs, coolant full, auto light does flash when turned on for several seconds. pressed temp up and down and held and get the code "00"
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Battery had went dead, was out of the care for several months, Wondering is computer needs to be reset. all other systems work fine in the car.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and this should reset the system just as well as if the fuse was removed and reinstalled.If this does not work here this indicates there is an issue with the ac system and the issue may be due to low freon in the ac system due to a leak needing repaired.I would then have the ac system checked/tested to locate which component is the cause here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete