Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Havent driven vehicle in 2 days but usually a daily driver.

Customer Question

havent driven vehicle in 2 days but usually a daily driver. No problems anywhere of any kind with the vehicle, but went to start it today and battery was 100% dead. Charged it and tested and it tested fine. Reinstalled and vehicle started right up but the interior lights and cluster lights do not go out no matter what, and abs light is on, gauges dont work, windows, power locks, and ac dont work (ac compressor I mean, the blower and HVAC control panel are fine). What the heck is wrong? BCM staying on? if so, how to tell? I am professional mechanic but havent seen this before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

It could be BCM, bcm wiring or another module ,now bcm do control these items and is a common failure but lets tested

do this below

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat