Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I actually have this problem on my Toyota Landcruiser Amazon

Customer Question

Hi! I actually have this problem on my Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 TD. What does it actually mean?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but my mechanic has changed radiator, thermostat and removed the catalytic inverter as we thought its heat related. It only happens on the open road at 85 mph+. The engine light comes on and it goes into limp mode. The diagnostics show a 58(2) Suction control valve circuit fault.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: Yes all done
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions to help you better. I read your notes and ready to help. The suction control valve is located on or near the injector pump' It can cause a few things such as your describing . You can clean them but that is only temperary solution in most cases we replace them.

Hope this info helps you solve your issues and if I can be of further help let me know . Please take the time to rate my service.