GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 5.3 Lt Engine with 180K miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 5.3 Lt Engine with 180K miles. Sometimes when I’m in a red light or stop and I release the brake I hear a hard noise like a hit, sometimes it’s soft and sometimes it’s very hard like I was hit from behind. Also sometimes when I release the brake, the car won’t move forward slowly like it normally does; then I push the gas and I hear a little click and it starts moving. There is no code for the transmission. Several mechanics have check it and they all said it’s working fine. I hear that I need to replace the transmission support, or that some valves inside the transmission are bad. PLEASE HELP!
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Merc320 replied 11 days ago.

Hi

If when you drive off it wont release as it used to ,tells me you have a problem with a brake binding.

You need to jack each wheel 1 by 1 get someone to hold and release brake to see which brake is holding.

On release it should free off straight away,if it is binding on release then that wheel or wheels need investigating.

Please do the same applying the handbrake.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK I will have the brakes check wheel by wheel. That might be why it wont start moving forward.But what about the hits i feel sometimes? That looks like a transmission problem. In some chevy forums it seems like a regular problem.
Expert:  Merc320 replied 8 days ago.

Sounds possible