Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

My 2006 impala 3.5L ac is not blowing cold. Recently charged

Customer Question

My 2006 impala 3.5L ac is not blowing cold. Recently charged freon was super cold for@ 2 wks. How do i diagnose the cause?is it a leak? Did the a.c. condenser go out? Actuator coil?? Google and youtube not helping
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

This does sound like a leak if the Freon was originally low. You need a black light and then to inspect all of the lines, the compressor and the evaporator to look for the leak. The Freon has fluorescent dye In it and the black light makes it visible. If you have a leak that then has to be repaired. The only other way to test this is to have the system evacuated, this will tell how much Freon is left in the system. If there isn't any, then you have a leak
Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!