Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a 95 chevy lumina apv. My van was jumped. Ever since

Customer Question

I have a 95 chevy lumina apv. My van was jumped. Ever since when I step on the breaks the actuators click. I went to turn the sliding door master switch on and the door buzzer goes off. I tried to find the lock relay but it is not where it is suppose to be. I had a remote start put in. They say it is not anything to do with there stuff. Before I had this put in when I put the van in gear the doors would lock now they lock as soon as the key is turned. I have to believe it is not the remote start before it was jumped everything was fine. Thank you
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It is in park now I'm not in her. I do not know what a wheel lock is sorry
JA: Are you fixing your Lumina APV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really nothing I'm trying to get to the module that controls the rear sliding door. Cause the door does not power slide I have to open and close it three or four times then she works for a short while
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

It could be related or not , the only way to star troubleshooting this is below procedure and we go from there

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician