Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

It's sitting dead. No power to anywhere except for possibly

Customer Question

It's sitting dead. No power to anywhere except for possibly the radio
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Ever since I started working on the wiring to the tail lights the truck just won't start. I was running before hand but after starting it a few times it now doesn't start at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 88 Chevy 1500
JA: Are you fixing your 88 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've only messed with the fuse paneling. Tried resetting the battery. Took the starter to have it tested. The wires running to the tail lights. And I've been trying to get the steering column loose with no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The battery is new. I wired the tail lights color for color. And the truck hood was left open last night and it rained on the engine block itself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 month ago.

I would start looking at the fusible links at the junction block under the plastic cover on the firewall. It sounds like you have a bad connection or a bad fusible link.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I looked at that. It was good. I replaced it with the fuse that's supposed to be. That wasn't it. But we've sold it to an actual mechanic and he said that our battery probably had a bad sell after I tried to start my truck with same battery with no avail. So that was probably it

So it's fixed now with a new fusible link and a battery?