Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My door chime is not working or no sound out of radio,

my door chime is not working or no sound out of radio , already cked fuse ok
JA: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?
Customer: no all fuctions work even valume on stearing wheel controls but no sound
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 chevy silverado 1500 4 wheel
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuses (yes)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the temp control swich no working ?

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2004 Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 2WD V8-5.3L VIN T

Save Article

SPEAKERS INOPERATIVE - ONE OR MORE PRELIMINARY INFORMATION Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Radio, Stereo and Compact disc. See: Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Diagnostic System Check IMPORTANT: The following information lists the most probable cause of the concern to the least probable cause. If the list leads to the replacement of a component, always inspect for a poor connection before proceeding with replacement. ALL SPEAKERS INOPERATIVE IMPORTANT: The following information lists the most probable cause of the concern to the least probable cause followed by the appropriate test for that condition. If the list leads to the replacement of a component, always inspect for a poor connection before proceeding with the replacement. With RPO UQ7 1. Battery positive voltage circuit to the amplifier open. Test the battery positive voltage circuit to the amplifier for an open. 2. Ground circuit to the amplifier open. Test the ground circuit to the amplifier for an open. IMPORTANT: With RPO Y91, Bose amplifier, perform the setup procedure for the amplifier. Refer to Audio Amplifier Setup. See: Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Audio Amplifier Setup 3. No audio output from the amplifier. Replace the amplifier. ONE SPEAKER INOPERATIVE IMPORTANT: The following information lists the most probable cause of the concern to the least probable cause. If the list leads to the replacement of a component, always inspect for a poor connection before proceeding with replacement. Without RPO UQ7 1. Speaker output open. Test the appropriate speaker output circuits for an open. IMPORTANT: The radio must be programmed after replacement. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming. 2. No audio output from the radio. Test for any AC voltage between the appropriate speaker output circuits at the speaker harness connector, disconnected with the radio volume adjusted to 50 percent. If AC voltage is present, replace the speaker. If no AC voltage is present, replace the radio. With RPO UQ7 1. Speaker output circuit from amplifier open. Test the appropriate speaker output circuits for an open. IMPORTANT: With RPO Y91, Bose amplifier, perform the setup procedure for the amplifier. Refer to Audio Amplifier Setup. See: Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Audio Amplifier Setup 2. No audio output from the amplifier. Test for any AC voltage between the appropriate speaker output circuits at the speaker harness connector, disconnected with the radio volume adjusted to 50 percent. If AC voltage is present, replace the speaker. If no AC voltage is present, replace the amplifier. SPEAKERS - ONE CHANNEL INOPERATIVE IMPORTANT: The following information lists the most probable cause of the concern to the least probable cause. If the list leads to the replacement of a component, always inspect for a poor connection before proceeding with replacement. With RPO UQ7 IMPORTANT: With RPO Y91, Bose amplifier, perform the setup procedure for the amplifier. Refer to Audio Amplifier Setup. See: Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Audio Amplifier Setup 1. Speaker output circuit from amplifier shorted. Test the appropriate speaker output circuits for a short to ground or short to voltage. 2. Replace the amplifier. IMPORTANT: The following procedure assumes all speakers are operative for all modes of operation except digital radio. With RPO U2K 1. Audio signal circuit open. Test the appropriate audio signal for an open. 2. No audio output from the digital radio receiver. Replace the digital radio receiver. 3. No digital output from the radio. Replace the radio.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13830)

I want you to try this first

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Tried and nothing ( still same .

you need to unplug the radio amp and check the connector ,you could have a bad amp , that will gibve us radio sound and chime etc

it should be under your seat

Save Article

AMPLIFIER REPLACEMENT REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Zoom and Print Options

1. If equipped with a Bose. amplifier, remove the radio amp fuse located under the hood electrical center.
2. Remove the floor console bezel.
3. Remove the cupholder.
4. Remove the bolts (1) retaining the console to the instrument panel (I/P).
5. Remove the console storage bin.
6. Remove the center console end panel.
7. Disconnect the audio amplifier electrical connectors.

Zoom and Print Options

8. Remove the 4 screws retaining the upper console bracket to the lower console bracket.
The front 2 screws (1) are shown in the graphic.

Zoom and Print Options

9. Move both front seats to the fully forward.
10. Reposition the inboard seat track trim (1) in order to gain access to the rear console side panel screw (2).
11. Remove both rear console side panel screws.

Zoom and Print Options

12. Move both front seats to the fully rearward.
13. Remove both front console side panel screws (1).

Zoom and Print Options

14. Disconnect the floor console electrical connector.
15. Remove the console assembly from the vehicle.
16. Remove the audio amplifier screws (1).
17. Remove the audio amplifier from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

Zoom and Print Options

1. Install the audio amplifier to the floor console lower bracket.
2. Install the amplifier screws.

Tighten
Tighten the screws to 3.4 N.m (30 lb in).

Zoom and Print Options

3. Install the floor console.
4. Connect the floor console electrical connector.
5. Install the screws (1) that retaining the upper console bracket to the lower console bracket.

Tighten
Tighten the retaining screws to 2 N.m (18 lb in).

Zoom and Print Options

6. Install the bolts (1) retaining the console to the I/P.

Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 4 N.m (35 lb in).

Zoom and Print Options

7. Install both front console side panel screws (1).

Tighten
Tighten the screws to 2 N.m (18 lb in).

Zoom and Print Options

8. Move both front seats to the fully forward.
9. Install both rear console side panel screws (2).

Tighten

10. Reposition the inboard seat track trim (1).
11. Connect the audio amplifier electrical connectors.
12. Connect the floor console electrical connector.
13. Install the center console end panel.
14. Install the console storage bin.
15. Install the cupholder to the console.
16. Install the upper console bezel.
17. Install the radio amp fuse.
18. If the amplifier has been replaced, perform the audio amplifier set up procedure for the BOSE. amplifier with UQ7 and Y91. Refer to Audio Amplifier Setup.

sorry Actually it is middle console on 2004

click on link to view location