K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 1993 Chevy Suburban. It will turn over and not

I have a 1993 Chevy Suburban. It will turn over and not start. I replaced the ECM, the steering wheel, the neutral safety switch. There is no power to the fuel pump, ignition coil, or injector system. The check engine light won't come on. It used to be when the check engine light came on, the truck would start. We would turn the key on and after a while the check engine light would come on and the engine would start. That is why I replaced the steering column, I thought maybe something was loose in the column since I already replaced the ignition switch and the key switch.

Hello, is it manual or auto transmission?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Auto transmission

Thanks, ***** ***** will need to do to begin is check the grounds and ignition and battery power at the ecm. I'll post how the pins are configured and location below. Let me know what you find and we can work further.

A1 & A2 grounds
E15 & E16 12 volts

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only have a very small amount of voltage. 0.014 Between A1 or A2 and E15 or E16

Thanks, ***** ***** happen to have a voltmeter to ohm a1 and 2 to ground? or can you check the reading from a confirmed good ground to e15 and 16?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can

Great, let me know what you find and we can continue

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, with the key off, I have continuity between the known ground and A1 but not A2. With the key on I have 12 volts between the known ground and A1,E15,and E16 nothing with A2

Great, do you happen to have a way to jump a2 to ground and then try to start it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry, I read that wrong. Both A1 and A2 are good grounds. E15 has 11.44 volts with key on and E16 has 1.02 volts

Thanks, ***** ***** a direct feed frm the b+. IT runs to the middle fusible linnk on the junction block on the firewall. What you can do is check it before and after the fusible link. It's an orange wire that goes to a gray fusible link.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The gray wire before the fusible link has 12v and the Orange wire after the fusible link has 1v

Thanks, you'll need to cut out the old fusible link and install a new one. Most parts stores will have them, you want one that's 4 sizes in gauge smaller than the orange wire. You could also just install an inline fuse holder and a 20 amp fuse. This should resolve the problem. If it does not you'll need to ohm the aronage wire from the ecm to part before fusible link to see if it's possibly partially broken. In most cases like this it's the link

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I went and got a fuse and holder and installed in place of the fusible link and the truck started right up! Thank You very much for all your help! Have a wonderful evening.

Happy to hear it! It's been my pleasure to help you today. I appreciate the positive rating and thank you for using Just Answer!