Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

My blower motor stopped working and I suspect the speed

Customer Question

my blower motor stopped working and I suspect the speed controller switch at the control module because it had intermittently not worked prior to the failure. My question, is there a way to test the switch or wiring at the switch?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes the 40 amp under hood and the 4 in the interior fuse box all are good. oh I have a 2002 trailblazer and it is -30 outside =)
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the blower motor wiring from switch to resistor and did multimeter tests, with the key off and found 12v at the red always hot wire, I then turned the key on and did the resistor wire harness tests while turning the speed controller to their respective pin positions, when the correct pin was acquired I got a 100th of a volt reading on each of the 5 positions
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that is all thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. It sounds like you may be correct on this issue. You may have an issue with the controller. Have you check the wiring to the controller itself? In the meantime, I will see if I can get you the test procedures that you are requesting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure what you mean by the wiring to the controller. When I unplugged the wire harnesses from the rear of the module I again turned the key on and tested to see if there was power from the rear fuse box I did not find any.
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry for the delay. That's exactly what I meant by controller. Give me a few more minutes.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

I'm going to be sending you a couple of diagrams.. This is the first. I'm going to get to the controller now.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

This should do it..

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry I took so long. I wasn't being offered much as far as diagnosis procedure. I was looking for something a little more isolated For your request

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Here's the wiring for the system.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked to see if the relay was good?

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

May I help you with anything else on this subject?

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.