Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Just looking how to remove left fuse box of 2005 Impala so I

Customer Question

Just looking how to remove left fuse box of 2005 Impala so I can get Retained Acc Power breaker. All four power windows do not work. Already replaced switch cluster in driver door with new one and replaced retained acc power relay with new one (the easy things to do).
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 112K miles. Starts fine,
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes myself. I'm doing what I can myself, I'm no expert.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. If you can just give me a few minutes, I will be able provide you with this information.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Just to be sure, you are looking for information on the front driver's side inside the vehicle, correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
front driver side inside the vehicle. One thing I forgot to mention. Even though none of the windows move, when I depress the switch for the DRIVER's windiow, I can hear that window's motor running. When I depress the switches for the other 3 windows I hear nothing.
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is the information that you requested... Let me check the circuits and see if I can find anything helpful for you based on what you just told me. Give me just a few more minutes, please..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Since I see you replaced the drivers door switch, which would have been my first guess, I'm thinking along the same lines that the problem would exist in the left junction box... Here is a schematic for the wiring.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

You should also look for just a bad connect. You may be able to save a little by not having to replace the relay. Even though, it would be more comforting to go ahead and replace it.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with on this issue?

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.