Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I had a flat and set the brake now the brake light won't go

Customer Question

I had a flat and set the brake now the brake light won't go off the brake seems to be released but the light and beeping inannoying
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: thankyou
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 avalanche
JA: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i'm good it is going in today for oilchange
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if the brake fluid is full then the odds are the e-brake cables are not fully returning to shut off the e-brake light

sometimes you can pull back on the e-brake assembly or even try ti trigger the switch at the e-brake assembly if not have the shop this morning see if the cables were just frozen or if the switch it just bad in the e-brake assembly

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

how did you make out ?