kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2005 chevy 2500 hd with 6.0 with manual trans. my

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chevy 2500 hd with 6.0 with manual trans. my clutch pedal went to nothing. I am trying to locate the clutch slave cylinder on my truck to see if that's the problem.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no sir it hasn't been slipping. I noticed yesterday when the temperature got down to 21 degrees that my clutch pedal was hard at first then it went to nothing .I could not hit any gears
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am trying to . I just cant find where the slave cylinder is located on my truck. to check it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just having clutch problems so far
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

The clutch slave cylinder is inside the bell housing. On the driver side you will see the hydrolic line going into the bell housing, and just above it there is a bleeder screw. Have you checked to see if the clutch master cylinders res is full of fluid?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is full. I just got another charge on my credit card this time for 23.00 dollars. I thought it was only 5 dollars.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never agreed to a call .so why was I charged

I am sorry but customer support will have to answer any money issues as I am not able to have any information on what you are charged. I do not know what plan you signed up for. All I have access to is your question.

Can you look under the dash where the clutch pedal rod goes through the fire wall to the back of the clutch master cylinder and see if you have any fluid leaking out of the back of the clutch master cylinder?