Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2009 chevy Silverado while driving door locks go up and down

2009 chevy Silverado while driving door locks go up and down stabiltrac on and off radio intermittent dash lights show various symbol indicators is my truck possed lol

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will it take long to respond

While these issues are occurring can you monitor the battery voltage to confirm it is within 13-15 volts?

Do you know which codes are stored?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
varies between 12 and 16 most times don't know about stored codes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I moved ground cable around while it was at idle and it has not acted up yet all terminals are secure no corrsion

Your concern could be due to incorrect voltage output from the alternator. 12 is to low and 16 is to high. Connections at the battery, alternator, and chassis can cause inconsistent voltage output.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your message isincomplete it says connections alternator and something else please resend

Connections at the battery, alternator, and chassis can cause inconsistent voltage output.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
could the ground cable be going bad internally say for instance corrosion

Yes corrosion can cause high resistance.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris