GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2003 Astro van Getting a wobble from rear, most noticeable

Customer Question

2003 Astro van
Getting a wobble from rear, most noticeable at low speeds , feels like the way I imagine a warped a life would make car wobble but I not sure if axle what else can be most likely cause and how can I inspect any of the associated parts causing the problem? I have a fully functional
Lift btw so inspecting truck shouldn't be too hard
Also it an awd passenger Astro I use for work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

The problem you are inscribing can be either a bet rim or a bent axle. Are you able get the van up high enough to spin both tires?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But why wouldn't it happen at high speeds I get a shake at high speeds at around 65-70 mph but no wobble like when I doing ten mph maybe even less ? But I'll lift vehicle tell me what to do next
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

After reviewing a few thing here, I am not going to be able to assist you, I will open the post back up for you. Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why not Ron u am very inclined mechanically
Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 months ago.

Do either of the rear wheels/tires wobble when you spin them either by hand or with the engine started, placed in gear and the engine reved up? All you need to do is lift it at least 1-2 feet off the ground if you are going to start the engine, then if you want to check anything out higher up, shut the engine off before you raise it.