Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2005 Chevy Malibu where is the gas odor in the car and I'm

Customer Question

2005 Chevy Malibu where is the gas odor in the car and I'm having a p0128 code and C 0 121 code I don't know if they're related but I thought I would give you all the information I know
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it's been starting rough lately and sometimes I have to start it 2 to 3 times for it to stay idle
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far I've just put a code reader to see what code it's bad out at me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that shit best to the best to my knowledge
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

What size engine in the vehicle?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
6cy
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

The p0128 is a thermostat code, replacing the thermostat will fix this. It is pretty common. The coolant temp sensor affects fuel trims and you could be running rich if the thermostat is stuck open thus the gas odor.

C0121 An internal solenoid valve relay in the electronic brake control module (EBCM) supplies battery positive voltage to all solenoid valves. This voltage is referred to as system voltage. The EBCM activates the solenoid valve relay when the ignition is turned ON. Once the solenoid valve relay has been activated, The EBCM supplies ground to actuate individual solenoid valves.

ThPlease reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.ese are not related, but you may have to replace the ebcm to get rid of the C code.

Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 7 days ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.