Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have 2006 Chevy uplander. My van won't start just says

Customer Question

I have 2006 Chevy uplander. My van won't start just says starting disabled. We have tried a lot of things. My mom works for GM in Milford MI. She told me to try starting it then leave it in the run position for 15 min then turn it off turn it back to run for another 15 4 times. I tried that and it didn't work. The alarm has been going off randomly for a few weeks now. Normally just unlocking the door with the key works. This time it won't.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I have tried unlocking and locking with the key a few times. I tried what I mentioned in the first message. I have also tried unhooking the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The key fob is broken.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Disconnect both battery cables (negative first then positive) and hold them together, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Reconnect battery cables one at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

If that does not work then you need a scan tool to check for codes in the security system.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.