Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have replace starter and battery and it still wont start

Customer Question

i have replace starter and battery and it still wont start is there a relay or something I need to reset
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: its a van and yes it has have not had any problems until now and I don't really no how many miles I can go look if u want me to
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 Chevy venture
JA: Are you fixing your Venture yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have put new starter in and it started just fine and now about a month later the battery light flash on and off about two days later it wouldn't start so I just put a new battery in today it clicks but wont start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the starter that is clicking or the battery area that is clicking here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its around the battery
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I really don't have 26 to have u call me sorry
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

No problem on the call we can continue here.

If you havent checked the battery cables for being corroded,swollen or damaged in any way this needs done.I have seen issues with the cables and connections at the battery or leading from the battery cause this fault here.If this is or was checked let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You there ?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you received my last reply.I posted 3 minutes ago?