Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

03 2500hd dash clicking, just this mornin, went to wire my

Customer Question

03 2500hd dash clicking
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: just this mornin, went to wire my cb radio to a hot stud that my aftermarket horn is hooked up to
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: silverad 2500hd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am fixing it myself , probly with my father(desiel mechanic) when he gets out of work i just tried unhooking the - on the batt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i jumpped the + stud from the battery to some other stud with a red wire trying to bypass the other positive stud that my aftermarkrt horn is attached to, wich stopped working within the last few days when i added my cb radio
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i havent tested any fuses yet but i have replaced the ground strap from the block to the firewall and from the cab to the frame
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Where is the clicking coming from?

Other than the aftermarket horn and CB are there any other issues with the truck as a result of these aftermarket things or the clicking?

Where is this + stud you are referring to, and was that added or already on the truck stock?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris