GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe LT and the front will change from

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe LT and the front will change from hot to cold on the HVAC but the rear only blows AC cold air and not hot. I have done the following prior to the failure. Changed the orifice tube, changed the accumulator and recharged the system. I also flushed and refilled the cooling system. After completing this the rear system failed to blow warm air. Is it a air director and where would it be or is the heater core plugged?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: I know about the one on the driver side dash
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I have opened the back panel in the rear area of the vehicle where the ducting is and could not find an air director.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than what I listed on the first message is all that I did prior to it stop working.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 months ago.

Are both of the rear heater core lines getting hot?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure where the rear heater core lines are located? I can only see the two heater core hoses that run through the firewall to the front heater core. The only lines I see that run to the rear are the AC lines. The front heater core lines do get hot.

The heater core lines will run under the truck along the passenger side of the truck and should run along side the rear ac lines.