Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Leaking on diver's side floor when it rains, 6 years; it is

Customer Question

Leaking on diver's side floor when it rains
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: 6 years; it is my wife's car and it is usually city driving but sometimes we are out camping in the mountains and snow. no real off-roading
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 trailblazer
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the windshield as it was post-factory but that did not fix the problem. my wife actually hit a pole and so we had the whole driver's side door replaced so that took the seal off the list as well
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was thinking it may be from the front vent or via the drain line that empties into the diver's floor.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

There is a known issue with the type of water leak you are describing on your 2009 which is cause by a hole in the seam sealer at the roof panel to upper "A" pillar post. Gm has released a service bulletin dealing with this leak and the repair needed to get it resolved. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Have a look at it as I suspect it very likely applies to the leak you are having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Water%20intrusion%20Jan%202.pdf