Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2004 tahoe 5.3 fuel pump is kicking on but the truck will

2004 tahoe 5.3 fuel pump is kicking on but the truck will not start it just turns over i have checked fuses and none where blown

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check to see if it runs on starting fluid, if so next step is a fuel pressure test. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still will not start

What was fuel pressure reading?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have know way of checking the fuel pressure reading its like the truck is not getting fire

To figure out problem you will need to do fuel pressure test and check for spark. Vehicle was running fine then wouldn't start today or how did it all start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it would not hit even with the starting fluid. Ran fine yesterday went out this morning to run to town and wouldn't start

Check to see if pink wire going to coil has voltage with key in start position, if not your ignition switch has probably failed. If it does have voltage then clean ground 102 which is common to cause no spark conditions. Here is a picture of ground, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb0sweefp1bce0v/102.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i will try this do you think it could be the cam sensor?? It turns over and i can smell fuel but it just want start.

It could be the crankshaft position sensor but ground problems and ignition switch is much more likely.