Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2003 suburban 1500, and the front passenger power

Customer Question

I have a 2003 suburban 1500, and the front passenger power door lock doesn't do anything when the lock buttons are pushed.
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet. Will fix it myself if I can.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The buttons on the passenger door operate the rest of the doors' locks. And other power stuff on that side works fine.
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

if everything else is working on that passenger door except just the passenger door lock the odds are the passengers side door lock actuator is bad

a very common issue for these trucks

the actuator is part or the latch assembly as seen here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a part number or anything that I can look for on this?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

16637918 is the GM part number

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer