Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Second opinion] My key control only unlocks driver door and

Customer Question

Second opinion] My key control only unlocks driver door and pops truck does not unlock all doors or locks them. I try on all door panels and still won't lock and unlock the doors. Help please!!!JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?Customer: It just makes a sound like its locking and unlocking with the key control. But when doing it on the door panels there's no soundJA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?Customer: 96 impala ss LT1JA: Are you fixing your Impala SS yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: If you can video chat that would be great and I could show you exactly what's going on.JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.Customer: I'm on my phone it doesn't have that optionJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: I'm trying to keep my car as original as possible if y'all can keep me up to date on how to do that. Its almost impossible to find original parts for this car in or around my area.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this issue here can be caused by a fault with a component like a body control module ecu or receiver causing this fault needing replaced.If you can post the liter engine you have here in your model this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete