Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Mr. Wilson. I have a 95 chevy camaro v8 lt1. As soon as I

Customer Question

Hello Mr. Wilson.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: I have a 95 chevy camaro v8 lt1. As soon as I start the car, the electrical fan comes ON including the service engine light on the dash. Can you please advise on diagnosis.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes we've checked the relays as well.
JA: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car sits in the service shop. I took it to a local car mechanic/electrician.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suspected the Engine coolant sensor since there's nothin wrong with the wires and ECU.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
hello sir can u please reply to my last comment.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 27 days ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

There are several codes that can make the cooling fans default to the on state. You need to note the codes and clear them. If it still comes on after the codes are cleared and gone, then look at the ac pressure switch voltage on a scanner. It should be about 1volt with the ac off. If it is showing higher then 1 volt or more then 80psi, then unplug it and see if the fans stop. If it does make sure there is only 5volts on the grey wire. Let me know what you find and I will continue to help

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

The ECT could cause it but it will also cause a code. It would be good to note the codes and let me know what it is showing. You can also look at the scanner to see what the ect is showing for the temp to the computer. which will tell you if its is bad.

Is this helpful? or do you have any questions?

Are you still needing help? or did my suggestions help? please let me know and i will continue to help if you need.

Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 24 days ago.

Do you still need help?